Elementary classrooms are self- contained settings with highly qualified Christian teachers. The subjects taught in these grades include Bible, Reading, Spelling, English, Math, Science, History, and utilize a mix of A Beka, Purposeful Design (ACSI), and Bob Jones texts. Additionally, each grade has specials in Art, Music, Introductory Spanish, Keyboarding (4th–5th grades), Library, and Physical Education.
Our elementary philosophy places a strong emphasis on the development of the fundamental skills of learning. Specifically, we strive to provide a strong foundation in reading and mathematics. Reading skills provide the foundation upon which information is processed and all learning is built. We also feel very strongly about the mastering of the fundamentals of mathematics. Being able to think mathematically, whether it be the recall of basic math facts or the application of logical thinking skills to creatively and critically solve problems, is essential to success throughout the middle school and high school years. Our teachers strive to lay this foundation for all students in our classrooms.
Teachers offer their own unique methods, instructional strategies, experiences and expertise to provide a Christ-centered education that continues to enable students to achieve standardized testing scores that are well above national norms. Academics are an important part of life at Meadowbrook, but it is the environment in which learning takes place that sets us apart. Meadowbrook Christian School combines Christian teachers along with a rigorous curriculum taught from a biblical world view to help us build solid citizens, one child at a time, in a Christian atmosphere.
After School Extended Care
MCS Students in Grades 1st –5th
HOURS: 3:15-5:30 PM
- Extended Care is available at a rate of $4 per student per day for students in grades 1-8.
- Extended Care is not available on days with early dismissals.
- Extended Care is billed monthly through FACTS, usually on the first Monday of each month.
- Any student left on the school grounds after 3:15 p.m. without prior arrangements will be directed to Extended Care.
- All students must be picked up by 5:30 p.m. or a late pick-up fee of $10 will be charged to your monthly Extended Care invoice.
- If at some point you no longer need this service, please notify the Finance Office.