The mission of Meadowbrook Christian School is to build solid citizens, one child at a time, in a Christian atmosphere. Meadowbrook recognizes that God has made each child unique and special, including his or her pattern of growth and development. Therefore, our Preschool Program consisting of Nursery School, Junior Kindergarten, and Kindergarten, is designed to provide opportunities for each child to learn and grow spiritually, physically, emotionally, socially, and academically according to his or her readiness and potential. Meadowbrook’s Preschool is constantly growing and improving. Teachers, parents, and administration are working together to create ways for our Preschool families to feel like part of the family and community here at Meadowbrook. We are working to provide a network of support where young families can benefit from being connected to others who share the same goals and concerns. Some of the special events that you can look forward to at Meadowbrook’s Preschool are: Parent Visitation Days, Field Day and Family Picnic, book fairs, and class parties.
Nursery School (NS)
Nursery School is provided for children who are potty-trained and will be at least three years old on or before October 31st of the upcoming school year. Nursery School meets three days a week, on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, for two hours each day. Morning and afternoon sessions are available. Our teachers are excited about opening the world of adventure and learning to the young students in each class!
9:15 – 9:30 Opening activity such as play dough, puzzles, or manipulatives
9:30 – 9:40 Bible
9:40 – 10:00 Reading and Writing Readiness
10:00 – 10:30 Story time, milk break, bathroom break, and play time
10:30 – 10:45 Numbers
10:45 – 11:00 Health, Science, Social Studies, Crafts, Music, or active games
11:00 – 11:15 Pack up and review time
Junior Kindergarten (JrK)
Junior Kindergarten is provided for children who will be at least four years old on or before October 31st of the upcoming school year. Junior Kindergarten has morning and afternoon sessions available. Junior Kindergarten classes meet five days a week for three hours each day. Our teachers believe it is important to give the children in each class the confidence they need to be successful!
8:00 – 8:30 Welcome: Arrival activity, unpack, & social time
8:30 – 8:55 Bible
8:55 – 9:10 Handwriting
9:10 – 9:35 Phonics / Reading Circles
9:35 – 10:05 Bathroom break, milk break, and story time
10:05 – 10:20 Numbers
10:20 – 10:45 Play time, Art, Music, Physical Education, Language Enrichment, Character Development, Social Studies, or Science
10:45 – 11:00 Pack up and dismissal
Kindergarten is provided for children who will be at least five years old on or before October 31st of the upcoming school year. Kindergarten is also a five-day-a-week program, meeting three hours each day, either morning or afternoon. It is important to our teachers that every student knows that they are special!
8:00 – 8:15 Greet children, social time, attendance, pledges
8:15 – 8:45 Bible
8:45 – 9:05 Handwriting and Phonics
9:05 – 9:35 Phonics / Reading Circles
9:35 – 9:50 Social Studies, Science, Art, Music, Physical Education, or Language Enrichment
9:50 – 10:20 Bathroom break and milk break
10:20 – 10:50 Numbers
10:50 – 11:00 Pack up and dismissal
Our Daycare center is open from 6:30 AM until 5:30 PM, Monday through Friday, and is available for children who are currently enrolled in one of our Preschool classes. Our Daycare is a ministry to families who know that one of the most important decisions they have to make is who will take care of their child when they are apart. Meadowbrook’s Daycare is filled with love for children and support for families.
MEADOWBROOK DAYCARE GUIDELINES & INSTRUCTIONS
31 – 49 hours per week
21 – 30 hours per week
11 – 20 hours per week
0 – 10 hours per week
- All Daycare fees are invoiced through FACTS.
- An annual registration fee of $10 per student will be charged through FACTS at the time of your first billing cycle.
- The Daycare billing cycle is once a week, usually the following Monday.
- A fee of $20 will be assessed for late payments and Daycare privileges may be suspended any time payment is not received within two weeks of the invoice date.
- At the time of registration, arrival and pick up times for each day must be specified to allow for adequate staff planning.
- If additional hours are needed beyond the times requested, Daycare must be contacted in advance to verify those hours are available with adequate staffing.
- Accounts will be charged for the regular block of hours reserved regardless if used.
- Accounts will be charged $3 per each half hour increment for time used beyond your regular registered weekly time block.
- Accounts with repeated (three or more) weeks of usage over the registered time will be adjusted to reflect the next highest time block level and billing increment.
- On weeks when Daycare is scheduled to be closed for one or more full days, accounts will be charged according to the time block used.
- For late pick-ups after Daycare’s scheduled closing time of 5:30 PM, a fee of $1 per minute for each child will be assessed.